**Updated July 2014 - This is an ongoing project for me, so although this original post is old, I am still accepting capes all the time.**
I love to see people helping children in 3rd world countries. I know this brings sunshine to many, many people. I am getting involved in the Days for Girls organization that helps young women with their menstrual cycles in these 3rd world countries (I will post more about this project a little later when I get everything figured out).
I get a little sad, however, thinking about all the children here in America who could use those services. I have found one that I think will be a very good fit for me. The project of capes does not require any sewing (the pattern they have in Family Fun Magazine - CLICK HERE FOR PATTERN) - I don't sew, so this is a GREAT one for me!!
It is from an organization called Enchanted Makeovers. The project is called Capes for Kids.
I would like to ask my readers to help me make this happen! I have set a starting goal of 100 capes to send to this organization to distribute. Will you help me?
How to help:
1. Go to the link to make a cape (the Family Fun pattern)
2. Email me when the cape(s) are complete. email@example.com I will email back to you my address to ship them to (postage paid by you).
3. You can enclose any kind of cash donation with your capes. 100% of this donation will be used for this Capes for Kids project - 100%!!
4. When I receive the goal of 100 capes - I will ship them to Enchanted Makeovers.
5. They will distribute them where they are needed most.
If you have any questions, please post a comment on the post and I will reply to it. This way, if others have the same questions as you - they won't need to ask again.
Let's work together to bring SUNSHINE to the lives of these kids in shelters.
Thank you so much for your service and donations!!