Logo

Thursday

Pina Colada

I love coconut.  I love pineapple.  I LOVE pina coladas (non-alcoholic, of course)!!  I always have in my pantry a can of cream of coconut on top of a can of crushed pineapple - my kids know these are to only be used for making pina colada's (okay, I usually have 2 of each). I want you to know my recipe so you can have one whenever you need.  It is so simple.  Perfect for kids on a SUNNY summer day.

Pina Colada
1 20-oz can crushed pineapple
1 15-oz can cream of coconut
enough ice to top off blender

Pour pineapple (with all its juice) and cream of coconut into blender.  Add enough ice to fill it the rest of the way up.  Blend until smooth.  Enjoy right away.  If you have extras you can freeze it and enjoy later.

* You can buy cream of coconut in the alcoholic drink-mix aisle.  Do not get this confused with coconut milk.  They are NOT the same thing.  Cream of coconut is a sweetened coconut gel-like substance - this is what you want.  You can also buy CREAM OF COCONUT on Amazon.




post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...