Logo

Saturday

Popcorn


Popcorn.  Who doesn't like popcorn?  I like my popcorn buttery and salty.  It's almost about the only thing I add additional salt to (when eating a meal) in my diet.  But it's gotta be nice and salty and buttery.

My son wanted some popcorn this morning.  I know - it's only 10:00 am and he's already wanting popcorn.  I think it's because he asked for some last night at about 10:00 pm and I told him "In the morning".  He didn't forget.

I didn't want to make a whole big batch in my normal Stir Crazy popper that I love.  So, I thought, "I wonder if I could make some in a paper bag, like microwave popcorn?".  (Which I normally don't buy because I prefer fresh popped).  As you can see in the picture - I buy the big container at Costco.

I tried it.

It worked (the second time).

I think I have found my new "microwave popcorn", and for pennies per serving.  I am beyond thrilled that it worked.

Here's what I did:

I put 2 Tbsp popcorn kernels in a white paper bag (I'm sure brown paper bags would work fine, I just buy the white one - they look cuter).

Fold down the top twice (small folds, maybe 1/2 inch fold)

Microwave on high for 1 minute 15-30 seconds.  (The first time I tried it I put the time on for 3 minutes, after 1 min 45 seconds I had burned popcorn).  That 15 seconds made a huge difference.  The cooking time may need to be adjusted for your microwave.

Done.  I poured on a little melted butter, added some salt and shook it up in the bag.  I probably added about 1-2 tsp melted butter.

My son loved it.  He is currently munching away on it watching his Saturday morning cartoons.





post signature



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...