Logo

Wednesday

Flowers


It's been a busy Spring and start to Summer.  We own a shaved ice stand so summer is a CrAzY time around our house.  I hadn't had a chance to get outside and plant my little flower garden.  I have a small spot in front of my house.  It used to be quite large and wrapped around the porch.  Not anymore!  It's actually quite perfect for me now.  I love to plant and to weed and to be outside in the dirt.  But I don't have the time, or desire, to have a large area of plants.  Finally on Monday night for Family Home Evening we got outside and got it done.  I put my kids and hubby to work.  I forgot to take a before picture, but just picture this spot grown over with grass and weeds.  It was not beautiful.  It is now.  (The bigger green plants in back are mums.  They will bloom in the Fall and are just gorgeous!!)

I am on a mission to simplify my life - which includes my house and my belongings.  I simplified my flower garden.  It is small and simple, but still just as beautiful. It will be easy to maintain and to weed. I believe that as a culture we have way too much "stuff".  I have realized this more and more as I get rid of things in my home.  I don't miss them, and my life seems to be lighter, simpler, more enjoyable.  There is something to be said about not having a lot of "things".

What can you do today to simplify, organize, or change today?  See how it makes you feel.  I know it will make you have a brighter day!


post signature






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...