Logo

Wednesday

Mopping My Kitchen

We own a shaved ice stand.  It's only open in the summer.  So, as you can imagine, our kitchen floor in the summer is constantly sticky from making our syrup.  And the fact that the kids are home all day eating and spilling.  Needless to say, I mop the floor often.  In May I owned a mop called Swiffer WetJet.  I loved it.  It held the cleaning solution in the handle of the mop.  The cleaning pads were disposable.  It maneuvered easily where you needed to mop.  You simply sprayed where you wanted to mop, mop, then toss the cleaning pad.  Easy.  Until you ran out of cleaning pads or their own cleaning solution (and the bottles are very hard to open to add your own - they really don't want you doing this).  This got expensive.  Especially for someone like me who is mopping my floor quite often.

In June - I had a HUGE sunshine moment!  I found this mop called Rubbermaid Reveal.  Can I just tell you - this mop is so much better than the Swiffer.  It maneuvers like the Swiffer, if not better.  The container that holds the cleaning solution comes empty.  Which means you can use your own (you can even mop with just water if you wanted)!!  I love my Lysol cleaning products.  I can use them with this mop!!  And the cleaning pad....reusable!!  You simply wash it out when you're done.  Let it dry.  And use it again.  It's even machine washable (I wash mine by hand for about 3-5 mops, then after that - wash it in the machine).  You can even buy extra pads and bottles if you need to.  I love this mop.  I actually like the spraying mechanism on it better than the Swiffer.  It is a pump handle, so you have a little more control over how much you're spraying out.  And you can adjust where you are spraying by simply tilting the handle up or back - you can't really do this with Swiffer.

This mop has made my life better.

Now - lets get mopping!





post signature





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...